Pecha Kucha at Jisc #ConnectMore16

Today I’m in Swansea giving a new version of my presentation on Involving Remote Students in Face to Face Workshops. The challenge here is to adopt the Pecha Kucha format of 20 x 20 – that’s twenty slides auto-advancing automatically after 20 seconds each.

I’ve had to rejig and shorten my presentation, but I often feel that a constraint (whether Twitter’s 140 characters, or Audioboom’s 3 minutes) encourages creativity as well as brevity, and I feel that’s the case here. I think (at least, I hope) that my presentation is sharper and clearer as a result.

Actually delivering my talk in 6’40” will be a challenge. I’ve rehearsed, but I know if I stumble the slides will go relentlessly on… and I’ll have find my place and pace and jump back on without hesitation… So, fingers crossed!

Here are my slides.

Update: @S_Cook2013 streamed the event using Periscope. I’ve reused her video (with permission) and remixed it with my slides using Panopto’s advanced video editor. It was a bit more fiddly than I’d expected (I had to record the slides with Camtasia because I needed the video recording to be the primary source) but it was doable.