The Wales DTC ran an event, on 28th November 2012, looking at Welsh Government internships and the commissioning of research which can involve postgraduate researchers. This event examined how postgraduate research students can engage with policy, with speakers from the Welsh Government: Dr Steven Marshall, Chief Social Researcher; Dr Jamie Smith, Head of Local Government research; and Kimberley Horton, PhD intern.
The event was well attended by over 30 PhD students.
Slides from the event are below:
The following PhD intern reports, which were included in the packs handed out at the event, may be downloaded in Word format:
- Valley Line Electrification Project
- Team Around the Family Project
- Simpson recommendations
- Health Inequalities
- Digital Inclusion
The links referred to during the presentation and question and answer sessions are below:
- Welsh Government: Careers in Social Research
- Welsh Government: Social Research Division
- Civil Service: Government Economic Service
- UK Statistics Authority: Government Statistics Service Recruitment
- Welsh Government: Statistics
Finally, here is the contact e-mail address for careers as statisticians with the Welsh Government: email@example.com.