The Wales Institute of Social & Economic Research, Data & Methods (WISERD) annual conferences attract colleagues from across the academic, policy, public, private, and third sectors in Wales; and have become established as the largest social science conference in Wales.
The WISERD 2023 Annual Conference will take place over two days (Wednesday 28 June to Thursday 29 June 2023) at Bangor University. Register here.
The theme for this year’s conference is ‘Civil society and governance in an age of crisis’ and includes a variety of presentations on the following key themes:
- Global and local crises, governance, and civil society
- Climate change, place and civil society
- Language participation, culture and identity
- Work, liveability and social justice
- Geographies of inequality and social justice
- Wales’s global connections: civil society and participation in context
- Participation and civil society through the life course
- Participation in education and the labour market
- Working with communities
- Activism and civil society research
- Doing participatory and action research
We work closely with our colleagues at WISERD in the planning of the conferences, which include opportunities for doctoral students to present papers, enter competitions and profile other aspects of their work in a vibrant and supportive setting.
We strongly encourage all Wales DTP students to attend this important annual event.