Currently Masters year of a 1+3 ESRC DTP studentship.
Research title: Reconstructing knowledge management: A radical modernisation of maintenance and capital expenditure risk modelling for a North Wales Hydro Power Station.
– Participatory Action Research (PAR) strategy working within First Hydro (hydroelectric power plant), North Wales.
– Data collection through a mixed methods approach in the form of surveys, interviews, collection of data from management systems (inc engineering and process management systems)
– Data will be used to develop the implementable solutions as part of the iterative PAR strategy.
1. Develop and implement a new future proof KM system and risk modelling capability, which will influence business decision-making
2. Develop new knowledge utilising AR though mixed methods approach, bridging academia and industry in an area lacking research.
3. Contribute towards internal policy development based on research outcomes.
4. Establish and develop KM strategy and best-practice for Hydroelectricity plants facilitating progress towards national/international sustainability goals.
5. Advancing and disseminating academic knowledge creation and its potential impact through business/stakeholder networking events, conference presentations and quality peer-reviewed journal publications.